On Good Friday 2016 the Catholic church, the Norwegian church, the German Lutheran church and the Anglican church congregations
came together for a multi-national and multi-lingual service.
The start and end of the service with procession was in the Church in Puerto del Carmen.
The Way of the Cross – with its 14 stations – was set all around the harbour.
Each station was introduced in all 4 languages, while the priests took turns to say the selected prayers and reflections.
The object of the stations is to help the Christian faithful to make a spiritual pilgrimage through contemplation
of the Passion of Christ.
- Jesus is condemned to death
- Jesus carries his cross
- Jesus falls the first time
- Jesus meets his mother
- Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry the cross
- Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- Jesus falls the second time
- Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
- Jesus falls the third time
- Jesus is stripped of his garments
- Crucifixion: Jesus is nailed to the cross
- Jesus dies on the cross
- Jesus is taken down from the cross
- Jesus is laid in the tomb
For the Anglican Parish, the Very Revd. Michael Higgins (2nd from right) led the service.